Saturday, June 23, 2012

Yogurt topper - Apples, Peanuts, Cinnamon, and Honey

In Mexico, we'd go to the yogurt shop and buy a big ol' tub full of yogurt and topped with granola, fruit, honey, and everything delicious. I was craving something sweet and decided to get some dairy, protein and fiber.

Apple, Cinnamon, Peanuts and Honey over YogurtServes 1


Ingredients
1/2 fat free Greek yogurt (I use Oiko's)
1/4 dry roasted (salted) peanuts, chopped into small pieces
1 small Gala apple, chopped
Honey (I used 2 drizzles of it)

Check it

Since this isn't really a recipe, there are no steps. You dump it all in a small cup/mug/margarita glass and mix it up. I layered it b/c it reminded me of the way we'd eat it back in Me-xi-co:

Missing my spoon.

It hit the spot. Crunchy, sweet, salty, tart... it's all one gal can ask for.

My Fitness Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment