Sunday, July 28, 2013

MRTT Running Mad Virtual Race!

I really like that medal!

It always amazes me how many wonderful people you find among those suffering.  Running is great, I love it, but it's a pain in the butt most of the time.  I got there at 6:30 to hopefully warm up and get my heart rate up and all... I was too sleepy so I got to enjoy a nice chat with the event's coordinator.  I waited until the rest of the 7 a.m. starters got there and we were on our way!

Too bad I was the only one running the 10K!  I kept straight while most turned left to continue on their 3+ miles.  It was a long quiet run so there was a lot of time to think and think and think.  I don't know why, but this didn't feel like a hard race.  The path was paved, flat, with lots of runners.  It is such a nice area, I wish I could run there e/day.  I don't know how I feel like driving over 10 minutes to get there... especially during the week.  Anyway.


I miss seeing a faster pace but I really enjoyed not feeling like death at the end of the run.  My heart rate stayed at 144, right at the zone!  I am going to have a great night of sleep, 6 miles take a toll on a chubby body.  It won't be chubby for long, though!

It seems that I may complete the half marathon within 3 hours.  I don't know how I feel about that since I've never ran that long or far.  I think it's time for food, I was hungry the whole race.  It's a bad idea to not eat anything before running 6 miles.  I will have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment