Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July RUN!

So, I belong to this nifty club of moms who run.  Moms RUN This Town, to be exact.  We're doing a 6:15 a.m. run tomorrow and since I'm not sleeping b/c all of the excitement, I'm updating this ol'thing.

I went for a walk twice today, it seems my legs need the slow movement and my mind the calming view.   I took my dog MJ and we headed out to the same park by my parents' house.  We walked for almost an hour and then another 20 minutes later in the evening.  It was nice.

I saw the updates on FB on the winners for this weekend's race and damn.  I'd have to run a 19:55.0 5K in order to beat the fastest lady!!  That's insanely fast for my 10:45-12:00 min mile!!!  I mean, !!!!!!!

But, there's dreaming, right?  How cool would it be to have a medal for actually placing?  Not that I don't love my "I participated and sweat my butt off" medal... but one with a "1" on it would be super fucking amazing.

I can dream.  And work on being faster.  I've already looked up a training plan, but it recommends being able to run 5-6 miles on the go without dying.  I can work on that.  I can already run 30 steady minutes so I'm almost there.  I just have to build up to that mileage carefully, which is a problem b/c I seem to want to GO-GO-GO!  I have to wait.  I fear my knee will act up again.  I need to walk more and try pilates once again.  I only tried it once.  I may do that instead of the 20 minute ride I have plan for the end of the week.

I have a 50 mi goal for biking this July and I'm here as of today:

Pretty cool!

I'll be receiving June's medal for covering 75 mi total (biking/walking/running).  Pretty awesome medal, I'll take a picture of me wearing it like a dork.  Time to sleep!  Have to be up by 5 so I can start driving by 5:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment