Friday, November 9, 2012

Is it safe to say?

It's been now a grand total of four (FOUR!) runs w/o pain.  I still can't believe it, I did nothing but whine about it and foam roll a little.  The ITB is a horrible little thing.  But that's in the past, I learned what I had to learn.  I'm even more motivated this time around.  It took around 4.5 months but my legs and mind are on the same page, ready for some real training.

My latest run was this morning, I met up with my running buddy I met at one of the end-of-the-month free races.  We did an easy 2 miles, I think our pace was at 13 min/mi?  I'm not sure, we talked the whole time.  I woke up at 6 a.m.!  We met up at 6:40 after I got lost, though the park was literally 5 minutes away.  Some mean early morning drivers around here, dangerous.

I liked the area and I was surprised by how bright it was.  I mean, I was expecting it to be all dark and scary.  I attached my headlight to my pouch.  Didn't need it, but hey, better prepared than sorry.  I also kept on my long-sleeve shirt.  It was early and I was sleepy, which means I get cold.

I'm joining her and her group for another 3-4 miles.  I'm resting tomorrow and walking some on Sunday.  I'm doing a virtual halfie by January 31st, 2013.  I'm doing it on the last day of the date range b/c I'll need all the training I can get.  I'll walk/jog but still, 13.1 miles is a LONG distance for me right now.  I can't wait to start hitting the double digits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment