Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 3-6: Still running

The schedule follows a really easy to understand training days: Stretch/Strengthen, Run short, Cross train or run short, run short, REST, Cross train, finally, run long.  I'm doing well following it and have stretched e/day.  I have also added foam rolling but it's hard to do 3x a day with the kids trying to climb on me.  I did an ITB yoga session yesterday from DoYogawithMe.com.  It was 26 or so minutes and it's recommended to hold e/pose as long as you want, but since it was my first time, I just followed along.

It is crazy how many more stretches and levels of difficulty/results there are!  I am going to add more to my cooling down routine now that I've practiced them at home.  A 3 miler is planned for tomorrow and so is a picnic with my parents and kids.  I hope they let me run while they watch the kids at the playground, efficiency!!  It's also nice to run without the jogging stroller, it tires my arms out.

Today is a CT for 40 minutes, it'll be a walk and more stretching before going to sleep.  The stretching helps me fall asleep faster, I need all the help I can get.


Eating isn't stellar, but I'm getting there.  It's hard to be great at all aspects of running with a full mommy-job. The 6 mi race is coming up in December 1st, my parents are signed up to see me finish it AND eat the after party food.  Those two, they'll drive to take a picture of me finishing a race anywhere.  I love them, they're my fans.

I tried calibrating my foot pod three times!  It didn't work, I'm not sure what happened, the satellite signal was fine b/c it recorded the 0.75 but the recalibration still failed.  Re-calibration, it's a word.  I don't know.  I ran the rest of the workout in the gym b/c it was chilly and dark.

Besides those riveting news, my training is going well.  My right leg is definitely tighter than the left but I'm working on making my whole body more flexible.  I can honestly say I'm giving it my best to not get injured.  You can only prevent, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment