Friday, November 23, 2012

Run 5 mi! Unless your Garmin craps out.

Well, don't blame the almighty Garmin gods... it was my fault.  Blame it on ignorance and the fact that I didn't care to read about laps on pre-set workouts and blah blah.  Turns out, the Garmin turned off after I had completed the workout and yeah, didn't record my last 1.5 mi.  It's alright, but when you're working your ass off for the extra 1.5 mi and your heart is all like, "THIS BITCH IS TRYING TO KILL ME!", you have to get at least somewhat upset.

I guesstimated and redrew the map only to get frustrated and so I'm counting it as 5 b/c I know I covered more than that with walking and all.  ANYWAY, my first 5 miles since injury!!!  I got a bit scared b/c I thought I felt my knee hurt.  I almost had a heart attack but then stretched and so far, no pain.  I'll foam roll later and tomorrow.  I have a race on Sunday that I can skip b/c it's FREE and not really that important.  It's just super fun and you get to race!

It rained on us, but after the run.  We were walking back home and were a block away.  The raindrops were super cold and my daughter didn't enjoy them as much as I did.  The sunscreen washed into my eyes, but other than that, it was pretty awesome running in the rain.

I burned, from my calculations, around 500 calories.  Seems about right, 100/mile.  I guess that means I burned off the bread I ate yesterday, heheh.  It's fine, I thoroughly enjoyed that dinner with the people I love the most.  I wish Christmas is just as good (which will be, b/c hey, NEW PHONES!).

I should've taken a picture of the day, it was bizarre.  On one side, pretty sunshine, on the other, impending rain.  Pretty awesome.

For today: more stretching, foam rolling and cleaning up my dirty apartment.  My husband says nothing but I can't be a slob around him.  We're married, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment