Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tired of complaining.

It's my blog, so I can write about whatever I want (YAY, America!) but I'm SOOOO tired of complaining about my stupid knee.  I wish I were working and able to spend major bucks trying to get this thing fixed or at least told it was nothing and to STFU about it.

My husband is tired of it, I'm tired of it.  The kids are tired of no walks at the park.  I'm so wishing I hadn't started running again.  It's like falling in love only knowing he has to move away.  It would've been better never to meet.  Yes, I'm comparing my loss of running to a horrible love story.  I fell in love and now I'm worried I made the wrong choice but "TOO FUCKING LATE," says my heart.  I need a run, can you tell?

I've been foam rolling my entire leg for a few days now and focusing on my IT band since yesterday night.  I found out that (DUH!) a tight ITB can make your knee hurt.  No shit, I have never stretched it or warmed it up.  It's not listed under my searches for "MUSCLES USED WHILE RUNNING" so why worry about it, amIright?  Nope, dummy.  That's why you get to sit around wishing you could run with the wind.  *sigh*

I can feel the ginormous knots on both legs, but the right one's super tight.  It runs all along the sides of my legs, why did I never notice??  Why, oh, why!

I felt my knee somewhat release after I stretched the ITB yesterday and foam rolled it a couple of times.  I have also repeated this over three times today.  I even did two videos on yoga for runners.  You know, ALL the things I should've done to avoid this stupid injury.  It never even got swollen!!  I mean, it should've gone away by now but I haven't been doing my leg work.  Heh, get it.

I have hips/butt/inner thighs exercises planned for tonight and more foam rolling.  I just want this to go away so I can go back to being happy.  I miss running.


No comments:

Post a Comment