Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"It's not starting over...

It's starting stronger."  Yeah, that's what I kept telling myself as I went through my pre-run ritual.  Sunscreen, hair clip, tight capris, tight race shirt, socks, shoes, heart rate strap and watch.  I didn't want to get too excited, I didn't know what I'd do if my third try failed.  I'd die, that's what would happen.  Maybe not that dramatic, but I'd be angry and bitchy for weeks.

Anyway, here it is.  It's only a mile but it was a beautiful hot one!  All I kept thinking was how much I had missed it.  Not even the heat could make me stop.

Pure happiness.

My mother tagged along with the kids in the stroller.  They walked around the park while I prayed in my head for my knee to stay quiet.  So far so good!  I warmed up with almost 3/4 of a mile and ran at an easy pace.  We then walked back and I came home to stretch.  A real stretch, 30-60 seconds per move on each leg.  I think it's a good step forward!

I don't know if we're ready (the knee and I) to start an actual training program again.  The race in December is not an issue, it won't be the last race and I know I won't come in first place anyway so there's no worries.  I'm just happy I can wake up early for a reason again!!!!  I could not be happier.

Strength training moves for my knee tomorrow.  Maybe I'll run again in two days.  I don't want to anger the knee.  And maybe I shouldn't celebrate until tomorrow if there's no knee pain during the night or later on... I pray there won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment