Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Not running yet.

Update on the knee injury that may not actually be a knee injury... it hurts.  It's been almost a week since I ran and the knee is still being a bitch.  It only hurts when I lift it above my thigh (getting out of the tub) and sometimes when I sit too long.  I have been foam rolling again and got a massage stick.  Doesn't sound like a great name for something that feels soooo good.  It looks like this:

Yep, totally me.  That's how I massage, fierceness with e/stroke.

I've been using it on my husband's back and calves.  I don't know why he doesn't foam roll, all the cool kids do it.  Once I massage my outer quads, the knee pain disappears.  I'm thinking they're related, right?  I wish I could see a doctor for free and a nice physical therapist who would pity me and give me free sessions.  

I've been doing inner thigh, butt and hip strengthening exercises for a week now.  They're ok, don't really see that much of a difference but I can't spend as much time on them as I wish I could... the kids like to climb on me.  We're moving in two months, there's other stuff to do.

I miss running, no doubt about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment