Sunday, August 12, 2012

First run, new run.

Well, fuck.  I did Stage 1 of the "Return to Running Program" from physioadvisor.com and with only 30 seconds of jogging and 4.5 minutes of walking, it was draining.  Not physically, but on my mind, it was torture.  I did it and told myself over and over that in order to place, I needed to revamps my running ways.  I'm a firm believer of things "happening for a reason" and have started to just let things happen as they may.  I think this is a blessing in disguise.

Slow and steady!


I have added yoga, weights, foam rolling, and stretching to my routine.  None of those activities were the major focus before, I used to just RUN and come back home trying to stretch at least 10 seconds per muscle leg.  It all spelled injury but never really hit me until now, when I have to run 30 seconds out of 5 minutes.  Awesome!

We visited my MIL and BIL around noon and my food intake just keeps getting worse and worse.  My knee hurt and it made me feel like saying "FUCK IT ALL!" so food it was instead.  We've ordered pizza.  It's one bad choice after another.  If I'm to run and not get injured, I need to sleep more and eat better food. Doesn't matter right now, but tomorrow will be a kick in the butt and a slap in the face.

There's no more junk food in the house, it's all gone so I have to go grocery shopping and will bring stuff I like.  Stuff that makes me feel healthy inside and out, good stuff.  Stuff that will make me run sooner.

I followed up my achey knee (which stopped hurting after foam rolling my quads/ITB) with yoga for hips, hamstrings and back.  My legs felt nice and loose.  I'll have to repeat that video, it's only 25 minutes and helps with my flexibility.  My right hip felt a lot more flexible than for these past few days.  I have been stretching like a madwoman.

I just want things to pay off and not get worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment