Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo 5K Run - Race Recap

Race: Cinco de Mayo 5K Run
Date: May 5, 2012 @ 7:30 a.m.
Distance: 5K
Time: 32:14
Average Pace: 10:23
Course Map:

It seemed endless.

Well, it was one of "learned something new today" type of races. Let me share, bullet point sty-lah!
ALWAYS put your clothes out for yourself the night before so you can sneak out (Ninja style) out of your home w/o waking up your little ones. 
  •  I was wearing a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in a long time and while walking around my home, they started sliding off. I changed after I found my normal shorts in the laundry room.
  • Make sure you ignore the rules about no head phones (ok, not if you're racing in the streets) because e/one else will be wearing theirs and you'll feel completely out of place without music when that's all you train with...
  • Make sure you turn on your HRM before the race to make sure the transmitter is working and in the right place. I didn't and I ended up with no reading so I just turned it off.
How cool is this shirt??
Besides this greatly beneficial learning experience, the race was pretty awesome. The runners were mostly from three running clubs and they were all wearing matching shirts, so I kind of stood out in mine... My mom and I ended up taking a picture with the Mariachis! He let me hold his guitar, :]


No comments:

Post a Comment