Friday, May 25, 2012

Back to THE MOMENT

While googling a recipe for "vegan oatmeal microwave cookie," I ended up reading Slim Down U's Living for Today post.  I'm always living in another time, whether it be the past (abandonment issues, etc.) or the future (career, weight, happiness, anxiety), but very rarely do I ever focus on what's really going on.  I never just get back to the moment and truly enjoy it.

But that's why I run.  When you're out there, iPod/running buddy/jogging stroller or not, you are by yourself and your body.  The real body you have, not the one you want or used to have.  You can't just escape that moment, the pain and determination grab on to you and don't let go.  I want every moment to be that intense, full of passion, indecision, determination, love and pain.  I want my life to be used up when I leave this world.  I don't want to feel like I was too afraid or indecisive to do something.  I don't want to regret anything anymore.

I don't know why I'm starting another blog.  I've already deleted four and each one has had a collection of bad moments. I don't want to worry about those, they're gone and have done what they were supposed to do.  I'm done with those memories and worries.  I want to continue this new outlook of life.  I want to take a mental picture of every moment and enjoy the good part of it.  There's always something worth remembering.

That being said, check it.  This is my first run with my two kids in the stroller we bought on Craigslist.  Double jogging stroller for double the fun!

May 25th, 2012

Amiright?  We were gliding along.  I couldn't control my pace, I was just so glad to be out there enjoying the weather and not having to rush back b/c someone was watching the kids.

I thanked God I could share my passion with them.  I never talk to God, but sometimes you just have to.  It was a perfect evening, we were all tired when we got back.

No run tomorrow, I have the Run for Wellness 5K Series race on Sunday morning. I want to beat my old time of 32:10.  I think I will, just to start my week with a Kick Ass Moment, also referred to as a KAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment