Sunday, December 4, 2011

2nd Annual Houston's Ronald McDonald House Trafigura Home Run - Race Recap

Another one from my weight loss blog, this one had a lot of hills and it was right before I had to go to work.  Priorities, priorities.  I still have that medal, I can still remember how happy I was to see my parents (and finish line)!


Race: 2nd Annual Houston's Ronald McDonald House Trafigura Home Run 
Date: December 3, 2011 @ 8:00 a.m.
Distance: 10K
Time
Average Pace
Course Map:




My parents went to watch me finishing the race so I got a video of it!  It was a fun one.  I jogged the whole thing and I thought I was going to die after the 6th hill.  I'm not used to hills, I didn't think there'd be hills. NO ONE told me about the damned hills.  Anyway, I finished it and I got a super cool medal!
So, because I'm a very good salesperson, I convinced my friend to run it with me.  She kept her pace and I left her behind (I'm awful!  I had to go to work right after it and I would've been late had I kept up w/her... forgive me, friend!) after the first mile.  The next 5 were spend w/Pit Bull on my ipod and my thoughts.  It was great, I needed a long run that week w/all the stress from work and well, it was great.
I also got a bunch of free snacks so I got to eat a Fiber One bar on my way to the gym close to work.  I took a shower, changed, and was 2 minutes early.  I'm awesome.
I'm now in the process of coming up with a theme to use for our costumes for our next race.  It's a tradition to dress up in groups of five or more ("centipedes") and I've convinced enough people.  I'm so excited!  I think super heroes is the number one choice, we'll see.  I'm also trying to convince the people at my office (we're into community outreach programs and whatnot) so I may run this race with A LOT of people I know.  It'll be super cool.
I've lost no weight but have maintained at 142.  I'm waiting for my mom to come home so I can hit the gym and get a good jog in.  I'm also meeting my friend tomorrow (who's participating in the race!) for a quick run in the park.  I really feel like I'm getting the hang of this healthy life thing. :)
Here's a video of my grand finale (LOL!):


No comments:

Post a Comment