Saturday, April 9, 2011

2011 Bellaire Trolley 5K Run - Race Recap

This is from my weight loss blog, I remember I was pregnant (*gasp*) and ran with my little boy kicking inside of me.  It's a creepy thought and an even creepier feeling.  This was the first race where no one was at the end to hug me or take pictures, it was sad at the time.  

Race: Bellaire Trolley 5K Run
Date: April 9, 2011 @ 8:00 a.m.
Distance: 5K
Time: 38:39
Average Pace: 12:25
Course Map:



I gotta post this before the baby wakes up (fully) and I start the day.  Well, my mommy day.  I'm a runner in disguise.  Anyway, here's today's race results (in nike+ form):
















I was alone at the race, no one took pictures :\  Oh, well, there'll be more.  It was a really pretty day.  Not hot at all, but these yoga pants will have to go once Houston gets to its normal temperature.

I didn't take any walking breaks and kept my pace at 12something.  I had to pass the old lady who'd been ahead of me the entire race so you can see the little speed increase at the end *haha*, or as much as a pregnant woman can speed up.  It was super fun.

I'll have to do it again to compare time next year.  I liked it, lots of little kids there.  Lots of kids FULL of morning energy.  I felt so old.

Anyway, my hubby and baby stayed home.  My baby decided to wake up at 3 and put on a show so I didn't get much sleep but I was up and about at 6.  I left home at 6:30 and got there right before 7.  I was the only preggers there but it was ok, I saw some cute little girls running with their moms and I hope my baby will be interested in running later.

No comments:

Post a Comment